Happy New Year everyone! I hope you all had a safe and happy holiday season. As I’ve been reflecting back on 2013 I’ve realized I need to make some changes in my life so I’ve decided to simplify in 2014. If you look in Webster’s dictionary you will see that simplify means “To simplify something is to make it less complex and easier to understand. When you simplify, you make things clearer.” I kept simplify in mind as I came up with my 2014 goals. Here’s what I’ve come up with. I wrote my goal and then I broke down these goals into achievable steps
1. Be healthier
- Drink more water. Sodas only on Saturdays.
- Work out 3 times a week
- Cut out foods from the nightshade family and see if I start feeling better
2 . Do more things that nourish my soul
- Take one evening a week and set it aside as “me time”
- Get back into the arts and crafts I love to do (sewing, scrap-booking, mixed media and jewelry making)
- This also means learning to say NO to things that do not nourish my soul. I feel obligated to say yes to everything that people ask me to do. It’s going to be a challenge learning to say no.
3. Learning to love myself.
- I’ve been through some stuff growing up and I have a very negative self-image.
- Healing and learning to be whole again
- Letting go of perfectionism. I don’t expect others to be perfect. Why do I ask that of myself ?
- I believe that learning to love God will help me with this!
I will give you an update in July and December of how things are going.
What are your plans for 2014?